Thursday, June 07, 2007

Ok, Let's See A Show Of Hands


How many of you guys are back on the bandwagon after the last two dramatic victories over the Mets? I just want a head count for all the "I Told You So" notes I'm going to need.

Sure, it was great to see J Roll's huge homer in the 7th and the inexplicable bullpen performance by Geary, Madsen and Alfonseca )who looks six months pregnant) tonight, as well as the big extra inning win last night, but I don't think we can put much stock in these performances. This team will once again prove their inability to string wins together, likely starting tomorrow. Plus, there is no way they sweep the first place Mets in Shea. It just won't happen.

By the way, the more I watch Nunez and Ruiz play, I realize how poor a job Gillick did at GM. It was absolutely criminal to waste valuable dollars on a third baseman and catcher when it was clear the team had huge holes in the bullpen and on the bench. You ask me why I dislike this franchise and organizational errors such as this one pretty much sums things up.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, what the hell were they thinking with those two? As for catcher, I was hoping that Coste was going to get the nod.

As for the bandwagon; well, lets just say that I have more interest now than when they were truly abyssmal back in the late 90's/early 2000's!

TF

Anonymous said...

Wait, Nunez makes all the plays and doesn't have a trip back and hollow numbers like the last 3rd baseman who left town and has disappeared. Ruiz is a kid who is terrific defensively and can hit mistakes.

Barajas and Helms are the mistakes, not Nunez and Ruiz. Get it straight before I have to pull a NY on your "pigmie family."

Anonymous said...

I am still off the wagon.

George said...

Go live in Kansas City and see how you like baseball there. At least we have been able to have small glimmers of hope with the Phillies in the last several years. It is better than rotting in last place year after year like the Phillies of the mid to late 80s and some cities now.

Philly Phan said...

So just because they are no longer mired in last place, you are ok w/ the direction of the team. Go ahead and be fine w/ mediocrity. I'm not ok w/ it, but unfortunately the Phils are. You know what, George...don't sell me that crap because you're better than that. You want a winner just as bad as I do. Don't settle for this crap.

Move to KC? I don't know they do have really good BBQ. Would never rule it out.