Sunday, July 29, 2007

Bad Penny


These Phils will just not go away. They are akin to a bad penny. Just keeps turning up.

I don't know about you guys, but I was certainly ready to write these guys off and turn my attention to the Birds. However, these guys keep winning and force you pay attention. Of course, the fact that the last six were against two of the worst teams in the league sure does help things. Nonetheless, the Phils took care of business and I suppose they'll still be on my radar over the next week or so.

I wish these guys would go away. With a kid on the way any day now, I really don't have time for them.

Random Phils Thoughts:


Although, I can tell you that if the Phils send Chris Coste again, I'm done with this team. He absolutely deserves a place on this team.

It's a shame that Madsen went down with a shoulder injury. He was really pitching well and the pen looked like it may become a little more reliable. His injury adds another question mark to a season long bout of uncertainty.

I always love to see the Phils win a game when they don't hit any homers. Cherish games like this. They don't come often.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They're dropping like flies. Chase, Madsen, Victorino, Bourn. what next the team charter goes down?

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the baby! All the best.

Anonymous said...

Someone wake up the Sports Phan, Phils just took my heart out. Quit changing diapers and comment on our shitty bullpen and lack of clutch hitting.