Thursday, July 26, 2007

Marathon Man


Thank you, thank you, thank you, Ryan Howard for putting this game out of its misery. I simply could not bear to watch Uncle Cholly butcher this game any further. We did not witness a game managed by the best and brightest this evening. As my friend Aran would say, Uncle Cholly could eff up a wet dream. What was he thinking bunting with Aaron Rowand up with no outs and men on second and third in the early extra innings. I understand the logic behind it, but you can't always manage by the book.

I cannot believe that me and my 9 month pregnant wife stayed up to watch this game. Although, in true Kelly Moosh fashion, as soon as my wife left the room, Ryan hit the walk off homer.

By the way, how crazy was J Roll's mad dash in the bottom of the ninth to tie the game? It reminded me of one of those plays in my old co ed college softball league where a guy would hit the ball to the outfield and just keep running because he knew one of the chicks on the field would eventually make an error.

This game was so much fun that I almost forgot that the bullpen blew another save opportunity, but I suppose I should just forget about it and enjoy tonight's victory.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This squad has a lot of heart and overcomes the deficiencies of the manager and front office.

How the manager goes to Mesa and Zagurski b4 Gordon is beyond me.

sbotts said...

What the Bunt was he thinking???

Jon1BSP said...

What the hell's up with Ryan Howard's glamor shot at the top of this post? Looks like he should be on the cover of Teen Beat or Seventeen or something.

Philly Phan said...

Yes, I thought the picture was rather comical which was I put it on there.