Friday, July 20, 2007

Random Thoughts For A Late Thursday Evening

-Philly is a football town, but not on this board anyway. The Eagles' content this summer has pretty much gone ignored. What gives?

-Pat Burrell is a terrible outfielder. I never thought I'd see a worse left fielder than the Dutch Daulton experiment all those years ago, but Pat takes the cake.

-I had the distinct pleasure of listening to Vin Scully broadcast the Phils' game on XM yesterday. He was fantastic....kind of a combo of Harry and Whitie.

-Marlon Anderson had a big hit for the Mets tonight. How is he still in the league???

-The Michael Vick story angers me tremendously. I don't know how he will not end up suspended. It seems like it is undisputed that he was somehow, someway involved in dog fighting. I've yet to hear one piece of information to the contrary. If such evidence was good enough for Goodell to suspend Pacman, why isn't it good enough here.

Another point related to this story is that I absolutely hate Pit Bulls. I do not think there is any reason for these dogs to be bred. I would love to see this breed of dog systematically eliminated.

-Trevor Hoffman is the 2nd best closer of my lifetime. Mo Rivera is the best.

-Is it me or does it seem like the Sixers are going to be brutal next year?

4 comments:

st. joe's nick said...

Slow down, T. You're going to have an aneurism.

The Eagles stuff being ignored is a product of WIP being 100% football as soon as training camp is even within a month of starting (let alone actually occurring). All of the football idiots flood the lines and it just becomes frustrating to hear some moron from Rhawnhurst call Howard's show to ask what the Eagles should do with their receivers or whoever. It's overkill.

Agreed 100% about Burrell. He sucks worse than a Hoover.

As for Vick - I am with you. As a dog owner (and a pretty sane individual), I'm not quite sure how someone can torture a domesticated creature in the ways that were described in the report. These guys (Vick included) are complete sociopaths. I'm also with you on the "suspend Vick" train of thought.

The Sixers are brutal every year. Does anybody even care about the NBA in general any more?

George said...

I agree about pitbulls being eliminated.

I could catch better than Burrell. He can make some decent throws though.

Anonymous said...

Let's go Flyers!!!!

Peacock

Jon1BSP said...

Apparently the higher-ups at PETA read your blog too, PSP. To quote:

"If they suspended Pacman Jones, they can suspend Vick," one official says.

Here's the link to the whole thing:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19869362/