Monday, July 09, 2007

Fruitless Search


I've spent the past hour trying to find either a video clip or a transcript of David Montgomery's pompous, non informative interview with John Clark last night on NBC10's "Sports Final". Unfortunately, my efforts were in vain as I could not locate anything to share with you guys. Right now, I feel as frustrated as I did after watching the interview.

Basically, Montgomery rolled out one prepared P.R. answer after another. My favorite was his response to the question of how does he explain the team's lack of success the past twenty three years as the Phils have only made the playoffs once. Montgomery explained that if the Phils played any other sport, they would have made the playoffs the last five years. Well, if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.

Sorry Dave, but that is the most ridiculous answer I've ever heard. Seriously, how is that an acceptable response? The Phils have play to by the same rules as everyone else in Major League Baseball. They know what is required of them to make the playoffs. Unfortunately for us as phans, the Phils just won't do enough to get themselves over the top. They skimp in areas (bullpen, bench, and starting pitching) that inevitably become huge eyesores and bite them in the ass.

I shared his response with one reader of this site and he was ok with it. I think the phans in this town are getting numb to this team and have just decided to accept the mediocrity. It's better than losing.

I can't be counted in this category. I won't show up to games just because I want to watch some baseball on a Summer evening. I have a mind of my own and won't be brainwashed like the 40K+ that shows up every night. I refuse to give this ownership group any money out of pocket.
Dave, I beg you....please sell the team. I really can't take your nonsense any more.

No comments: