Monday, July 28, 2008

Odds and Ends


Sorry I've been out of touch for the last half week or so. I was running around like crazy getting ready for my daughter's first birth day party this past weekend. Thanks to everyone who could make it. I really appreciate it. Here's a pretty recent picture. I still can't believe she's turning one this week. Where has this year gone?

Now, onto the sports:

-Shawn Andrews fails to report to camp: I can't believe that in today's era of technology, journalism, etc, that we still don't know why he is not in camp. Christ, couldn't some blogger just make something up? Is he thinking of retiring and joining a cult, does he have a sickness, has he become a pacifist, or is he just too out of shape to deal with this heat? I just want an answer. Since there is a severe lack of rumors, maybe this is my shot of breaking news. My sources tell me that he wants to quit the NFL in order join the clergy.

-Phils demote Adam Eaton: This one should be filed in the "what took so long?" department. Adam Eaton now goes down with Matt Geiger, Chris Gratton and Jevon Kearse as the worst free agent pick ups in city history.

-Phils take a wild series from the Braves: Thank God I do not manage this team. I think I would have needed to enter AA after some of the pitching performances we saw over the weekend.

-Abriamiri needs wrist surgery: I absolutely despise training camp injuries. They are usually so unfortunate. The Birds could miss this guy. I was looking forward to watching him play. I hope he doesn't miss too much time.

4 comments:

George said...

No mention of the Rutgers stadium debacle? This fiasco was front page news in the Inquirer not too long ago. Did your bias lead to the non-coverage here? I might not be able to take this site seriously anymore.

Philly Phan said...

How is it a debacle? Seriously, tell me how investing in a stadium that will pay for itself in a season or two is a bad thing? There is a 20K season ticket waiting list and they are adding 13K of seats.

If I remember correctly, the front page news was an article showing the progres of the project and detailing how costs have come in higher than projected. How is that a debacle?

BTW, I love how you know how to push my buttons w/ any RU topic. You keep this sh*t up and I'll become a 'Nova fan.

George said...

I love pushing your buttons with Rutgers stuff. Seriously, though, I think the main point of the article was that they haven't raised anywhere near the amount of money they thought they would and they are tens of millions short from having enough money to pay for the addition. Also, anything that the government is involved in will not pay for itself anytime soon. Don't believe the propaganda that is put out anytime a public project is announced.

st. joe's nick said...

Quote from George: "...anything that the government is involved in will not pay for itself anytime soon."

Especially the NJ State Government! We all love living in NJ over the past 5 years, don't we?