Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Well, That Didn't Take Long


After a week stay in 2nd place, the Phils climbed back atop the National League East with a 8 to 5 win over the Nats. This Phils have won 4 straight and the suddenly resurgent offense has been a big part. The pitching efforts of Brett Myers and Jamie Moyer have been pretty helpful the last two nights, but it sure has been nice to see the offense get back on track.


Now that the Phils have scored over 8 runs in three of the last four games, can we now say the bats are back? I am cautiously optimistic, but I'd first like to see a 6 or 7 run outburst against a team that hasn't given up on on the 2008 season.

********************************

By the way, I pray to God Manny Ramirez does not end up on the Marlins. He scares me a ton. I think I would pitch around him in every big spot at games in Citizen Bank Park.

********************************

Is anyone expecting the Phils to make a move of consequence at the trade deadline tomorrow? I'm not. It just seems like there is nothing even being rumored at this point.

********************************

Is it me or does the bullpen feel shaky since the All Star Break. Ryan Madson looks completely unreliable in a big spot. It would be nice to see another reliever brought in tomorrow, but it doesn't seem to be in the cards.

********************************

I was going to rip on Ryan Howard for being one of the few (maybe the only guy) players using an Adidas glove. Who knew they even made baseball gloves? However, he's made a couple surprising plays the last couple night. Sometimes, it seems like he breaks into a smile because he's even surprised himself.

********************************

Have any of you guys been to the new DC park? It sure looks nice. I would like to get down there as soon as I get some time.

********************************

My brother in law and buddy Tommy freak out every time Pat Burrell is taken out of a game for defensive purposes citing the fact that he leads the league in outfield assists. Jayson Werth's debacle in left field in the 7th inning got them both going tonight. Sorry fellas, but your argument is inane. Pat Burrell is slow as a glacier. It takes him forever to get to routine fly balls. How is the decision to replace him every night not self evident? Replacing Burrell is a no brainer.

No comments: