Sunday, July 06, 2008

What Happened To The Magic?


After today's 4-2 12 inning loss to the Mets, it's becoming abundantly clear that the Phils have lost their mojo. You simply can't lose games when you have a dramatic 9th inning home run to get you into extra innings. I don't know what happened to this team, but this lineup has definitely lost its killer instinct. Maybe Sam Donnellon of the Daily News was on to something when he argued that the Phils are really missing Aaron Rowand's leadership. In any event, they better get their crap together before they piss away the season.

A couple of other things I need to point out:

-J Roll, it's about time you showed up and did something of importance this season. It's time to stop the "Pro Bowl Glide" that Ray Rhodes used to talk about and actually produce.

-Did I actually see Tyler Green co-hosting the Phillies Post Game show? I guess Don Carman was busy tonight and couldn't make it.

-Is there anything more fun than seeing Billy Wagner blow a save against the Phils? Well, maybe watching T.O. drop a pass against the Birds.

-Kyle Kendrick is going to be a fixture on this pitching staff for years to come. I love the way he battles.

-I am absolutely shocked that Brad Lidge has re-signed with the Phils. I'm pretty much overjoyed to see him sticking around for 3 more years. I think it spells the end of the Brett Myers era. The Phils will get rid of him somehow. Although, short of fabricating another domestic disturbance for the Wife Beater. I'm not sure how they get Brett off the roster.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The mojo is still there, it just happens to get sucked out too often by the underwhelming pitching staff. Now, when will the trigger get pulled to bring in some pitching help?

BTW: F TO

TF

Philly Phan said...

Welcome back, Tom. How's Ian doing?

"BTW F TO"

That is a great signature. I want to sign my checks and my work emails w/ that.

Anonymous said...

The little man is doing great and growing accustomed to Daddy's frustration with sports teams. We suffered through some hard Chelsea FC losses against Man U, and now we're knee deep in the Phils skid. Oh well, i still send him to school with Philly gear on because you still need to represent (especially up here).

Good luck with the signature!

TF