Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Criminally Negligent


Tonight, Cholly Manuel and the rest of the Phils' braintrust quite possible gave away the season. Should the Phils finish a game out of the playoffs, something tells me that we'll be looking at the decision to put Kyle Kendrick back on the mound tonight as a turning point.


I am having a hard time figuring out the thinking behind starting Kendrick after skipping him in the rotation last week. Lt. Kendrick has not been the same since late June as he hasn't gone more than 6 innings since June. However, more problematic is that he gave up 6 or more runs in three out of his last five starts. Basically, heading into tonight, it was pretty clear that he's lost it and the league has caught up to the guy. Throwing him into a pennant race was down right criminal. We deserve Cholly's head on a platter.


I truly believe that J.A. Happ would have been a better option tonight. Instead of thinking outside the box a little, the Phils went with the predictable option and now we're behind the 8 ball again. To compound matters, the Mets won again putting the Phils 2 and 1/2 games back.


It's a shame how far Kendrick has fallen so fast, but I sure hope we are done with him until next year. I've seen enough from him in '08.


*********************************

By the way, when the hell did the Phils pick up Tad Iguchi? We now have the Japanese invasion on our better.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

38-6 UNC over RU....are you f-ing kidding me?? who let dick anderson back on the sideline?!

Matt Bove

Jon1BSP said...

44-12 Gump. Get it right!

gump said...

no no no....points don't count in my book after I shut the "game" off!! That was my "in-game" blog!!