Sunday, September 07, 2008

Great Sports Day


I wake up this morning excited on one hand, yet incredibly frustrated.


Today, we have an incredibly important double header for the Phils as they try to gain ground against the Mets in the NL East. We also have the Birds' NFL opener and all the fun that comes with week one of the NFL. If you care (and I do), the final "race before the Chase" in the Nascar season takes place today after being delayed a day by Hurricane Hanna. I suppose there are some people excited about the close of the U.S. Tennis Open, but I don't know of any of them.


Despite all this excitement, I am totally pissed off right now. I am going to miss part of today's Eagles' game and likely most of the first Phils' game as I have to go to a Christening party that was postponed from yesterday to today. I understand that the weather was bad yesterday, but what the fuck? How selfish a move is it to have a party on a day like today. I just got in a huge blow up with the wife over this. Of course, by not wanting to go, I'm being viewed as totally selfish and not wanting to spend any time with my daughter. I offered to take her all day and let her go to the party without me and the baby, but this was not an option.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

don't let her play that "you don't want to spend time w/ your kid" card. thats real BS.