Sunday, September 07, 2008

NFL Predictions


As I detailed in my last post, I have a friggin' Christening Party today, so I don't have the time to put in a detailed 2008 Season prediction, but I do want my picks on the record before the season starts and someone has a catastrophic injury that screws up a team's season (Adrian Peterson and the Vikings come to mind).


Let's get the Birds out of the way first. I came into the preseason thinking the Birds were a 10-6 team this year and then the National media came along and for some reason anointed the Birds as this year's fashionable team to make a giant leap. I'm not sure I agree with all the love that the Dr Z's of the world have showered upon them. Where is it coming from? It's not like the Birds looked phenomenal in the preseason or added anyone of significance in the last two months. I've made up my mind that I'm not going to let this tidal wave of support sway me in any way.


So, with that being said, I'm just going to stick to my gut and put them at 10-6. I think McNabb will have a great early season, but wear down as the year goes on as he always does. I think the defense will be better than last year also. My big prediction for the season is that the Birds' 6th Round Pick, Joe Mays, will be the starter at MLB by week 8, with Stewart Bradley moving to the strong side and Chris Gocong moving to DE full time. I also think Lorenzo Booker will help the offense immensely.


I see a wild card season, with one playoff victory before losing to one of the top two NFC seeds in the Divisional Round of the playoffs. If that happens, I think we'll probably all be happy.


As for the rest of the NFL, here it goes:


NFC EAST:


1) Cowboys - 12-4

2) Birds - 10-6

3) Giants - 9-7

4) Skins - 7-9


NFC South:


1) Saints - 11-5

2) Panthers - 9-7

3) Bucs - 7-9

4) Falcons - 3-13


NFC Central:


1) Vikings - 11-5

2) Packers - 10-6

3) Lions - 8-8

4) Bears - 6-10


NFC West:


1) Cardinals - 9-7

2) Seahawks - 8-8

3) Rams - 6-10

4) Niners - 5-11


Playoff teams:


1) Cowboys

2) Saints

3) Vikings

4) Cards

5) Eagles

6) Packers


AFC East:


1) Pats - 11-5

2) JETS! - 10-6

3) Bills - 9-7

4) Dolphins 7-9


AFC South:


1) Jags - 12-4

2) Titans - 10-6

3) Colts - 9-7

4) Texans - 7-9


AFC Central:


1) Steelers: 9-7

2) Browns: 8-8

3) Ravens: 7-9

4) Bengals: 5-11


AFC West:


1) Chargers: 12-4

2) Denver: 7-9

3) Chiefs: 7-9

4) Raiders: 6-10


AFC Playoff Teams:


1) Chargers

2) Jags

3) Pats

4) Steelers

5) Titans

6) Jets


FINAL FOUR:


NFC: Cowboys over Saints

AFC: Chargers over Jags


Super Bowl:


Cowboys over Chargers (I just threw up in my mouth as I wrote this. We could be in for a long year.)

2 comments:

George said...

That Chargers pick looks good.

Anonymous said...

Dallas needs to prove themselves in January.