Tuesday, September 30, 2008

PSP's Phils' Pick


I don't know about you, but I'm heading into this post season in a much more relaxed and confident mode than last year. I really think this Phils team can do some damage this postseason. As everyone has pointed out, the key to our postseason will be Brett Myers. If he performs well and returns to the form he showed after his trip to the minors, but prior to his last two brutal starts, then the Phils could make this a pretty short series.


When I look at the Brewers, they look awfully top heavy. Sure, they have Ryan Braun, Prince Fielder and CC Sabathia, but what else do they have that scares you? Not a whole lot. Do Ray Durham, Corey "I Wear My Sunglasses At Night" Hart, washed up Mike Cameron, Jason Kendall, Jeff Suppan, Dave Bush and Manny Para get you excited? Didn't think so.


Plus, yours truly will be in the stands tomorrow and as of right now, I have an extra ticket. If you are interested, email me, call me or text me. I'm pretty excited about going to my first ever post season baseball game. I can't thank my main man Uncle Farrell enough.
By the way, Phils in 4 for this series.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well just to be one the cautious side, I really think game 1 is a must win game. Ok they can still win the series even if they don't, but it makes it so much harder if they don't, because as much as I hate to admit it, I can't go against Sabithia in game 2. So if that happens, we would be down 2-0 really quickly. I don't see that happening, but it keeps me more interested in these games now :-p

I do think the Phillies will make it past the first round, after that, who knows.

Nice pick up on the tickets. Let's see if you don't continue to curse them as you do when you normally blog about them ;-)

Anonymous said...

Will I get yelled at if I said I turned down tickets???