Wednesday, October 08, 2008

I Am Still Annoyed


It's been a couple days since the Eagles debacle against the Skins and my anger towards the Birds hasn't subsided one bit. I thought the Phils' success would have somehow brightened my outlook on the Birds, but it hasn't happened.


Since I never really got a good feeling for the game as I was distracted by the Phils, I just forced myself to watch the condensed version of the game on the NFL Network. Boy am I depressed now. The Birds were thoroughly whooped. They were pretty much beaten up on both sides of the ball. The linemen were dominated and we lost one on one battles on the perimeter as we couldn't cover their guys on third down and our receivers rarely got open.


The other thing that has me concerned is how Andy the GM's decisions are now affecting Andy the Coach. Since Big Red has traded out of the 1st round the last two years, we don't have the tight end or safety we desperately need. These personnel defects have been highlighted in the 'Boys and Skins, game as we watched Jason Witten and Chris Cooley dominate our safeties and have left me longing for a big time player of our own at TE. We're going to have to wait to next year as we don't have any candidates on the roster. Interestingly, Brian Baldinger flat out called our Tight Ends "turds" and LJ doesn't take a single confident step on the field. He said the film showed that every thing he does is tentative.


Overall, I'm really getting fed up with this team. If they don't turn things around soon, I might be forced to turn my back on them.

1 comment:

George said...

The Flyers begin on Saturday.