Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Live From Citizens Bank Park



I had every intention of blogging on and on and on about yesterday's Phils' game, but I got home from the game sat on the couch and totally zonked out. I have to get out to work early today so I can't say much, but wanted to get a couple things up before I head out the door.

I think we finally saw that Cole Hamels is a big game pitcher. He was absolutely masterful yesterday. If he can continue to pitch like that, we may be onto something big this postseason. I just wish we got to see him end the game, which brings me to...

When did Brad Lidge turn into Mitch Williams? (Wild Thing was in the park yesterday to throw out the "Second Pitch". Maybe Lidge was somehow inspired to follow in his footsteps.) Anyhow, I know it has been slowly coming over the last month, but the tight rope Lidge's been walking might kill me. If he continues this B.S. this postseason, I might have to buy a defibulator and have it on stand by because he might just kill give me a heart attack one of these times.

Also, where's the offense? We need the entire lineup to hit. Four hits is not going to get it done. We need everyone to contribute.

Finally, I have to thank my man Uncle Farrell. The seats we had yesterday were the best I have ever had. Unbelievable. Three rows from the field. I can't thank him enough. There is a much better story of how we ended up three rows from the field, and I will tell it later on. I have to get out of here.

Talk to you guys later.

No comments: