Wednesday, October 08, 2008

PSP's Phils' Pick


I still can't believe it is October 8th and I'm talking baseball. This is not a time for baseball. I should be able to bitch and complain about Andy Reid and the Eagles foibles full time. I'm still not sure how to react.

Basically, the Phils have a great opportunity. How many times over the years has a Philly team gotten to this point only to be facing down a goliath? (Think Sixers vs. the Shaq, Kobe Lakers; the Birds vs. the Pats dynasty in the Super Bowl or the Flyers vs. the Gretzky/Messier Oilers.) There is no overwhelming favorite this year. I wouldn't be shocked if any of the 4 teams won the title. That's why the Phils have to take advantage of this opportunity.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure they can. The Dodgers have the feel of a team that is gelling at the exact right time. They are a completely different team after acquiring Manny and now that Furcal is back healthy. I just get the feeling that the Dodgers may be too much for our Phils, especially with how deep the Dodgers' lineup is compared to ours which has been a little top heavy this season compared to last.

However, I don't believe that the Phils are so over matched that they can't win. Plus, the whole Red Sox/Dodgers World Series that the national media is lusting after, due to the myriad of story lines, is way too convenient to actually happen. Nevertheless, I just see the Dodgers having less question marks and more talent top to bottom. Oh and I almost forgot, they have Joe Torre running their ship and we have Uncle Cholly. 'Nuff said.

I see the Dodgers in 6.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you think the LA Dodgers are gonna run 3 right handed starters out here and win in six you're on crack. This thing could get uglier than the last one.

A lot will be on Jimmy and Shane getting on and Utley driving them in. Howard will get his, but i worry about the right handed hitters (Burrell, Werth, Felix, Ruiz).

Myers will win the MVP, i got a feeling. Phils in 5

George said...

Except for Ramirez and Lowe, these guys don't have any major postseason experience. Maybe their other starters will stink.

Anonymous said...

*in best Mr. Rogers voice*

Can we say "Nega-delphia"?, boys and girls? I knew that you could.