Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Welcome To The 2008-2009 Season, Fly Guys!


I've been meaning to do a season preview on the Flyers and I will eventually get around to it once the Phillies and Eagles settle down a bit, but figured I'd comment on tonight's Flyers/Pens game.

It was nice to see the Flyers earn a point, but they deserved better. Unfortunately, they have been unable to put three periods of good hockey together to gain a win.

I have two comments on the team prior to my season preview:

1) The Flyers need to break up the top line. They had so much success last year, due to their scoring depth and fantastic centers. I think they need to switch Briere back to the center position and put him between Gagne and Hartnell. I would then put Richards with Lupul and Downie. The third line would be the same: Upshall, Carter and Knuble. It would also give you a really good fourth line.

2) Luca Sbisa is going to be a player. He may eventually hit the wall, but I think he's going to be an excellent player for the Orange and Black.

Ok, that's all I got except that this team better start waking up and playing some hockey.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude, they're 0-2-1 by my count. That's terrible, they should blow it up.

Jon1BSP said...

Biron is killing me. 9 goals in two games? Really? At least Nitty has stepped in big. What would that score have been last night if he wasn't in?

George said...

I would settle for cutting Kukkonen and signing Berard. Why is Kukkonen on this team? He is horrible.

gump said...

hey, relax and enjoy the ride the Phils are taking us on, you know these games don't mean shit. Sure, it would be nice to get a W under their belt at least, and Biron hasn't looked great, but April/May is a long ways away, and he did carry them in the playoffs last year. So....all's I'm thinking at this point is: LETS GO PHILS!!

Philly Phan said...

I agree...The Birds and Orange & Black are so in the background right now....but I had to comment on them.

I really like this team. That's a little preview of my season preview.