Wednesday, April 09, 2008

And People Wonder Why We're Such A Negative Group Of Fans?


Just yesterday, I gloated about how I believed the Phils were in the Mets heads and how our hated rivals were ready to crumble over the rest of the series. Well, I certainly learned my lesson tonight as the Phils got pounded 8-2. And you guys wonder why I can be so negative about our teams.


Yup, you never get a chance to get too high on your horse about the teams in this town as the roof could come crashing down at any time. Don't worry, I'll play my cards more close to the vest going forward and keep a lid on my positive thoughts.


Anyhow, at what point do we officially have to worry about Kyle Kendrick. Tonight, Kendrick lasted only 2 and 1/3 innings, giving up only one earned run, but walked 6 (yes, 6 walks in 2.1 innings!) and gave up 4 hits. You can officially consider me nervous. The decision not to sign Kyle Lohse could end up looking like a huge mistake if Kendrick doesn't get his sh*t together and start getting people out.


I'm not going to get all worried about J Roll until he has an X Ray or MRI that provides an unfavorable result. Until such time, I'm going to pretend like everything is ok with the reigning MVP. That being said, it is doubtful he plays tomorrow. However. we might not need him. We have that noted Mets killer Adam Eaton on the hill tomorrow.


I don't know about you, but I like our chances.

No comments: