Tuesday, April 22, 2008

F&*k Yeah!!!!!!!!!


Despite the fact that I was almost thrown out of the house after letting out a huge outburst of joyous expletives (similar to that listed above) while my daughter was sleeping, I was truly over joyed this evening. It's not very often that you are absolutely stunned by the result of a game, but tonight surely fit the bill. I did not think the Flyers had any shot whatsoever of winning tonight. I fully expected a 5-1 drubbing where we fell apart at the seams after a couple bad penalty calls. However, we were instead given the gift of watching a gritty, gutty team scrap and claw its way to victory.


Winning a playoff series is one of the more enjoyable things to see your team accomplish. To see them win it in a 7th game is even more exhilarating. When it happens in O.T. of game 7, we are talking a whole other level. The toll it takes on your body is unexplainable...and no, I'm not talking about the players. I'm talking about us phans! I told my wife and my buddy Uncle Farrell that I wasn't sure if I could watch the entire game as I think it is doing damage to my health. Farrell laughed at first as he's not all that familiar with the great sport of hockey, but with about 2 minutes left in the third period and says "I know what you mean. This is pretty intense."


I'm just glad to see the Flyers move on. It seems like forever since they beat Toronto on that O.T. goal by J.R. to move onto the Eastern Conference finals. We can talk about the next series and how I'm conflicted with my rooting interests at a later day. Let's enjoy this one for a day or so.


4 comments:

George said...

Who can we bring up from the Phantoms to keep the Jason Smith pairing off of the ice for the next series? I'll take anyone.

If you are scared of Montreal, get a dog.

Anonymous said...

Dude, I know what you mean about this game taking a physical toll on you. I was on the verge of vomiting by the start of OT (and no, I was NOT drinking during the game).

Anonymous said...

Snaxxx
Never a doubt!!

Tony - take the habs in 6 . . . .PLEASE

Jon1BSP said...

Sa-weet.

I'm with George on the "getting rid of Jason Smith" thing. He's the new Therein.