Tuesday, April 15, 2008

You Wonder Why We Are One Of The Top Ten Most Frustrated Sports Cities


This week, Forbes magazine released their list of the Ten Most Miserable Sports Cities. Philly was ranked 9th. After the last couple days, I think we've moved up a few slots. In the span of three days, we have had the refs/umps totally screw us in three different sports. Let us count the ways:

1) On Sunday, the umpires ruled a completely foul ball a home run when video replay would have clearly over turned it.

2) The refs found a way to screw the Sixers on Monday that I had never seen in all my years of watching sports. The Sixers/Cavs game ended with the Cavs missing a shot with no time left. Then, the refs went to video replay to see if a foul occurred prior to the end of the game. I'm still not sure this was legal.

3) Tonight, the refs time and time again tried to screw the Flyers. They let the Caps score on a high stick tip in by the same guy that was allowed to cheap shot our best defenseman out of the game. They called a penalty when Alex Ovechkin dove worse than anything Sidney Crosby has ever done.

Thank God the refs turned things around and called a clear penalty shot chance for the Flyers. Had they swallowed their whistles there, I think I might have destroyed my t.v.

1 comment:

George said...

How could Philadelphia be ranked #9? I would have to consider us
#1. Every other city with four pro teams has won some type of championship since 1983, haven't they?