Sunday, April 27, 2008

Weekend Wrap Up

Wow, what a weekend for sports, huh? I'm guessing a lot of you didn't get a whole lot done over the last three days. Today alone, I had 6 events that I was flipping between. (My remote got a workout. Thank God that my remote thumb, in comparison to the rest of my body, is in good shape.) You can't ask for anything more on a crappy day in the end of April. Well, unless you're my wife, she can always find a multitude of additional things to ask for.
Without further adieu, let's get to the highlights:
1) Flyers even up their series: Unfortunately, I didn't get to see a second of this game since I was at a wedding Saturday night, but from the highlights I watched, BEE-ron stole a victory for the Orange & Black. We looked as though we were badly outshot and outplayed, but only Mar-TAN saved us from defeat. Over the past decade, how many times can you say a Flyers goalie stole a victory for us in the playoffs? I can't think of many, so this victory was quite satisfying. Additionally, I also like that this series is generating a little bad blood and controversy with the crappy refereeing in Game 1 and the sucker punch of Timonen at the end of Game 2. It's almost like watching the WWE. In any event, things sure will be interesting as the series switches to Philly.
By the way, here is additional version of the Hitler You Tube video. While I like the Cowboy one best because it was first, this one is pretty good since it involves us:





2.) Sixers split their two games at home this weekend - I'm still not on this bandwagon. I watched about 30 seconds over both games this weekend. I guess a review from me would be kind of fruitless since I barely watched both games.

3) Phillies take two out of three from the Bucs - Of course I'm happy when the Phils win, but with every thing going on this weekend, I didn't catch a pitch. I'm guessing the only thing to complain about is that Brett Myers can't seem to win ballgames this year.

4) The Eagles Draft - If you want to see one decision annoy an entire wedding full of fans, try showing up a wedding after the Birds trade away another first round draft pick. I'm really tired of the organizational arrogance from this team. They look at reporters like they are crazy when Big Red is asked whether a 228 lb DE (our third round pick). I suppose the Laws and Jackson picks could pan out, but I'm a little reluctant to go out on a limb an say they will be big time players for this franchise. However, I will go out on a limb and say that only one pick from thw 2nd day is with the team after 4 years. Not a single guy jumped out at me. I love how an 8-8 team can draft like they have no immediate needs. That's the feedback I got. Additionally, I'm just tired of this team continually saving for a "tomorrow" that's never coming.

The best part of the draft was that my boy Ray Rice got picked in the 2nd round by the Ravens. I now have a second favorite team to root for.

Over the next week, I ask that you guys bare with me. My long nightmare is just about over. I have one more effing paper to finish and I'll be done with M.B.A. program and then I get back to blogging as my main side project (aren't you guys lucky!) I really can't wait. I have some ideas on how to improve the website. Hopefully, you guys will like it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good luck with your last paper!