Monday, October 09, 2006

Adding Insult to Injury


I just received the following from my buddy, Jones:

Props for finding a way to at least hear the game. Weddings happen only once or twice in a person's life and are indeed magical, thus I don't blame you at all in agreeing to attend on Sun and missing probably one of the greatest regular season games in Eagles history, because they come around soooooooooo often. Just to add injury to insult, Clinton was looking for you on Saturday as an extra tix came up. I told him of your prior commitment - - to which he giggled.

Eagles Tix - Zero Dollars
Parking - $10
Beer - $150 (provided by me for everyone at the tailgate)
Food - $26
T.O. Jersey's burned - 27 (actually viewed)
Actually being in the stands and watching Lito run back a pick 102 yards - PRICELESS


Thanks Jones....When my wife's two lovely friends get divorced in five to ten years, I will feel so much better about having witnessed this beautiful, romantic event instead of watching my beloved Birds in person. Thanks, brother. I'm now going to set myself on fire.


(By the way, in case anyone is wondering, I'm off today and that explains why I'm so prolific in adding content to the site.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Real nice Tony, already hoping for divorce.

George said...

Lighten up anonymous. Incidentally, Phan's statement has a better than 50/50 chance of becoming true based on actual U.S. facts about divorce.

Anonymous said...

yea, i'm hearing like 60/40 to the bad. as long as half is enough, go for it....