Sunday, October 29, 2006

Philly Sports Phan's Eagles Prediction


After a hot start of picking Eagles' games, I've missed the last three. I'm going to try and bounce back with a sensible pick here.

Clearly, this is a must win for both teams as the Jags are 3-3 and the Birds are 4-3 coming off two straight losses on the last play of the game. Basically, the Birds have been on a two week hangover after the huge Dallas win. They have not been sharp in the first half against either the Saints or the Bucs. I see this changing today. I think the Birds will get off to a good start and we will see a return to their explosive offense. With the injuries the Jags have suffered recently, I think the Birds will be able to score on this team.

The question then becomes, how will the defense do? I think Jones-Drew and Fragile Fred will be able to run the ball successfully. I also think Garrard will do a decent job at QB. His ability to scramble will help this team move the ball.

As a result, I see a close game. There is no way the Birds cover the 7 point spread. I just don't see our defense performing well enough today. However, I do like the Birds 27-24 in another nail biter. Yes, I do realize Big Red's record in games before the bye, but rarely have any of those games been a must win.

Ok....I'm gearing up for another stressful game. Gotta love these Birds....E-A-G-L-E-S, EAGLES!!!!

No comments: