Monday, October 02, 2006

PSP's EAGLES PREDICTION


Ok, there is so much to comment on in the upcoming days, but this is a busy month for yours truly. As a result, I’m just going to give you my pick for tonight’s game and get ready for a Phillies season recap and a Flyers season preview to come out later in the week.

I just wanted to note that if Mike Stanton cooperated Friday night, my weekend predictions for the Phils would have been dead on. I hope you all heeded my warning and didn’t get too worked about the Phils’ failure to make the postseason, but I digress….

As for tonight, this game could very well be a track meet. The Pack have the 31st overall defense. The Birds have the 26th ranked pass defense. Adding fuel to the fire is the fact that both McNabb and Favre have been on fire of late. I don’t see the Pack stopping the McNabb and Westbrook Show. Although, I do think the Birds will pressure Favre into enough early mistakes that we get out to a comfortable lead. However, as has been the case the last two weeks, I see a late game collapse at the feet of our journeymen group of corners and Favre makes enough plays late in the game to bounce back for a back door cover. I see a 31-23 victory for our Birds pushing them to 3-1 and leading us towards T.O. week.

By the way, I’m 3-0 so far this season and have predicted the correct spread each week. If I keep on this current path, I will start getting offers to host my own Saturday morning handicapping show like Ace Rothstein where I can give out my 5 Star Specials.

No comments: