Thursday, October 12, 2006

NASCAR and the NBA: Perfect Together?


I just saw the following on ESPN.com regarding their coverage of NASCAR next season:

Dr. Jerry Punch will call play-by-play, Rusty Wallace will provide analysis and Brent Musburger will host pre-race coverage when ESPN and ABC return to NASCAR coverage in 2007.

Starting next year, ESPN and ABC will have comprehensive coverage featuring telecasts of the final 17 NASCAR Nextel Cup races, including the 10-race "Chase for the NASCAR Nextel Cup" championship on ABC. Additionally, ESPN2 will televise every race in the NASCAR Busch Series.

Musburger will team with former NBA star and NASCAR owner Brad Daugherty, former NASCAR crew chief Frank Stoddard and TV veteran Shannon Spake Stoddard for NASCAR Countdown shows and during the race telecasts.

NASCAR Now will debut on ESPN2 on Feb. 5, 2007, marking the network's first daily program solely dedicated to NASCAR.

Sorry, but the inclusion of Daugherty seems funny to me. I don't really expect to see 7 foot former NBA players covering this sport. Although, I do know this little personal trivia about Daugherty that shows his love of the sport...he wore #43 at UNC and as a Cav in tribute to the King, Richard Petty. Yes, I can hear you and I agree. I do need to get a life. Why do I know crap like this?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW- guys who drive for a living partnered up with a league who's particpants shoot people, smoke dope, womanize and don't play defense. What's the over/under on the number of driveby's during Daytona next year?

Anonymous said...

By the way I just checked with Brandon Lang - He says take the over.