Monday, October 09, 2006

Sounds Like I Missed A Pretty Good Game, Huh?


As I indicated on Saturday, I attended a wedding last night which caused me to miss the entire second half of the Eagles game. My buddy, The Capt, did his best to keep me informed with numerous text messages, which I greatly appreciated. Both the Captain, Johnny Gold and my at work wife, Alex, told me that this was the best Eagles game they've seen in about 15 years. Of course, this totally makes sense, it's all because I couldn't watch it! It's karma coming back to me. It makes me think that if I swore off Philly Sports, the Eagles, Flyers, Phils and Sixers would probably reel off about 10 total titles between them. I am a tortured soul.

(BY THE WAY, I'VE BEEN INSTRUCTED TO NOTE BY MANY THAT MY WIFE WAS THE MAID OF HONOR...LIKE THAT MAKES A DIFFERENCE.)

Anyhow, I did have an IPOD with a radio adapter (breaking just about every wedding etiquette rule in the book and getting a ton of dirty looks in the process), so I was able to listen to the game, but it was clearly not the same. On the bright side, I have built up so much good will with this weekend, that I'm pretty sure my wife can't say a word if I decide to take off for a guys weekend in Vegas AND N'Awlins in the next month.

However, it sure sounds like the Birds, as the Captain likes to say, "spilled its bucket" in going all out to beat the Pokes. The Birds better be ready for the Saints next week down in N'Awlins. Talk about karma...they got the mother load carrying them right now. This win means nothing if the Birds don't take care of business down in the Big Easy.

2 comments:

George said...

You missed Talladega too.

Philly Phan said...

Yeah...sorry about that...I did miss Jr wreck...that would have been worth it