Monday, August 20, 2007

Absolute Stupidity


I really don't want to get involved in the Michael Vick story other than to say that Michael Vick's actions prove him to be the least intelligent sports figure in my lifetime. Sure, Uncle Cholly sounds as dumb as a box of rocks in a press conference, but even he would be smart enough to not leave a money trail that traces him back to an activity as depraved as dog fighting. This idiot threw away his career, his reputation, and his wealth. Does anyone foresee him playing again? I sure don't.

All the legal experts predict that Vick is going away for at least a year and then he will likely be suspended by the NFL thereafter. Then, you'd have to find a team willing to take a chance on a QB that rarely showed the ability to beat teams with his arm. In my opinion, the only way he'd make a team is as a Kordell Stewart jack of all trades. (Surprisingly, Emmitt Smith just agreed with me on Sports Center tonight.) Although, at 30 years old, would his body be able to make such an adjustment after sitting in the pokey for so long?

Was there not any person in his life that knew he was involved in dog fighting that could have advised him against being involved in such an activity? Perhaps his biggest mistake was his inability to surround himself with the right people, which once again is a sign of his idiocy.

Sorry Mike Vick fans, I'm having a hard time getting my head around the fact that this guy was willing to throw his career away in order to run a dog fighting ring. I just don't understand it. I don't feel bad for Vick because anyone that would intentionally kill dogs in the method he did is absolutely sick, but I do pity this man.

No comments: