Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Resurrected?


As I'm sure most of you read in my Sunday evening post, I pronounced the Phils dead and buried after Saturday's horrendous loss to the Padres. I even typed up a friggin' obit. Since then, the Phils have won three straight, including tonight's dramatic 4-2 win featuring The Big Man's walk off homer.
Is there still life in this team??? Have they been resurrected from the dead? I still say not so fast my friend! This team still trots the suddenly inept Jamie Moyer, free agent bust Adam Eaton, and journeyman starter JD Durbin to the mound every fifth day. With pitching like that, I can't realistically get behind these guys. However, moments like tonight's sure are fun.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Georgivich, you quit on this team, you quit on this town.

Jon1BSP said...

Maybe you should reserve comments until the season's over.

"They're dead. Wait...there's hope. No, they're done. Hold on...I think they'll make it...no..."

Anonymous said...

I'll be there tonight as they try to go for a four-game sweep...

- Andy

Anonymous said...

We didn't quit you quit.

Philly Phan said...

First of all...it was Salvucci who quit on Ampipe. Extra credit...what was the QB's nick name and what the name of the school they played in "the big game" at the end?

Anonymous said...

Rifleman, and Walnut Heights. and Giorgivich called the coach a quitter after Salvucci fumbled. don't f w/ me on this movie.

Anonymous said...

they got a golf team for boys and girls

Philly Phan said...

Here's one for you Capt...What current Bird went to the same College that Craig T Nelson and Stephane Giorgivich went to...and what was the name of the College?

Anonymous said...

Gocong and Cal Poly.

i'm telling you i'm an 80's Tom Cruise mark. remember 70 lbs ago i was Stephan Giorgivich.