Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Phils Roll and Bonds Takes His Place In Perpetual Infamy


As is their custom, the Phils got going early against the Fish and then piled on the runs last night on their way to a 11-1 laugher. The Big Man hit 2 homers and Burrell's hit streak came to an end. Other than that, there ain't much to say about last night's game. However, I do have one observation....did anyone notice that the Phils' broadcast graphics don't show the pitch speed when Jamie Moyer is on the mound. This annoys me to no end. I really want to see how slow Moyer throws the ball. I would find this very entertaining.

In any event, the Phils better load up this series because the Braves are coming and they look like the Texeira trade has them peaking.

By the way, Barry Bonds hit 756 last night. Thank goodness. As I said last night, I'm totally drained by the whole Bonds/Steroid story. Sports Center, I beg you. Can we please move on with our lives?

2 comments:

sbotts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sbotts said...

I am also relieved that this hole Bonds thing is done... but I was looking for a different finish. I was hoping that the controversy would have over come him and he would have ran the bases, crossed home plate and pulled out a large caliber gun and shot him self kind of like Billy Cole in the Last Boy Scout he could have even quoted him " Ain't life a bitch?"

You know how you know I’m crazy??