Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Yo Russell, Welcome to Philly!


Wow, this guy couldn't have picked a better time to hit a game winning three run homer in his first Phils' at bat, huh? I had this game in the loss column for the Phightins and didn't even catch the homerun as I had flipped the channel. I guess I learned my lesson with this team. They never quit. Wins like these are what you need to make the postseason. The onlly unfortunate issue about last night's game was that we didn't pick up any ground in the division or wild card chases.

By the way, is it me or is Branyon the first power hitter we've had on the bench in forever?

3 comments:

sbotts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sbotts said...

I felt the same way I thought that this was a loss too, but I just couldn't turn it off!!! When you have a good team, you find a way to win a game like last nights.

I BELIEVE !!!!

Anonymous said...

It was a very solid win. But it was definitely a two run homer, not a three run job. By the way I'll be in Jersey tonight and for the next four days. Can't wait to get my fill of home team sports coverage.

Peacock