Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Things That Annoy Me Tonight


While writing the last blog, I came across several things that annoyed me. Here is a brief list and they are not in sequential order:
The Wiggles: I just caught a commercial promoting this group's stop in Philly during a supposed World Tour and I felt compelled to mention a few things. There's no way around it....These guys are absolutely scary. I don't think they are human. In fact, I'm pretty sure they are hermaphrodites sent to America by Al Qaeda to soften the children of our country. There is no way I'm letting my daughter discover this crew. And if I had a son, I'd be awfully afraid of the impact these dubious life forms would have on his future well being.



The Dane Cook MLB commercials simply must go. I can't take him or his painfully forced commercials any longer. This guy looks as comfortable talking baseball as I would discussing the merits of a well balanced diet. Sorry, Dane Cook fans, I cannot find one redeeming quality in this guy. I still beg someone to explain to me his popularity with the 18-25 crowd. I know that fellow O&A fans like Johnny Gold and Tom Coughlin Blows agree with me on this point. Dane Cook is the Anti Christ and he must be stopped.


Barry Bonds : Dear Mr. Bonds, I implore you to please just hit that one last home run so I no longer have to hear about the dreadfully annoying steroids story. Barry, remember one more thing, when you be gone, you stay gone.

Note to the media: We all understand that all available evidence indicates that Bonds juiced. Therefore, can you please stop smashing us over the head with this topic over and over again. I think I speak for a lot of phans when I say that I simply do not care anymore. I’d rather hear much more about the Michael Vick and NBA ref scandal. The Barry Bonds/Steroids story is so 2005.

Thanks for listening guys, I just had to go on a brief rant.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have money that says you put your little girl in front of the tv to watch the wiggles - that give you 2 min. of peace- you'll start liking the wiggles ( I said the same thing about Barney)

st. joe's nick said...

Phan - from a fellow "new" father, I'm with you 100% on the Wiggles. There's something so wrong about a group of grown men who sing to children. Why do I fear that I will see these guys on Dateline with Chris Hansen and his "to catch a predator" series in a couple of years?

As for Dane Cook - never found him funny. I don't understand the attraction either.

Barry Bonds - what else needs to be said? Joe Morgan (our favorite pundit) is such an apologist for Bonds. He was towing the Bonds line the other night stating that he hadn't been convicted of anything yet. Look at the size of his head. There's the conviction for you. Does Joe expect us to believe that his head got that big naturally? I guess when I'm in my late 30's/early 40's that my head will swell the size of a f**king pumpkin.

Jon1BSP said...

One more reason why Joe Morgan is an idiot. I can't believe he still works for ESPN. I guess Hall of Fame status gets you something...