Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Football Fever....anyone else got it?


I don't know about you guys, but I cannot wait for the football season to get here. I simply can't get enough. I know I'm not alone. The ratings show that many of you agree...well, pretty much everyone except my buddy George.

At this point in the summer, I'm reading pretty much all the NFL and College Football information I can find. Christ, I even read a season preview for the freakin' Browns and J-E-T-S, JETS, JETS! With the Birds' and Rutgers in the midst of training camp, there is no shortage of information for me to follow. Plus, ESPN Radio is slowly turning into all football all the time. Now that the Bonds story is out of the way, I have a feeling that even more football will be discussed over the next couple days.

Things can't get any better right now. D Mac is predicting that the Birds reach the Super Bowl and RU is getting ready to take another shot at the Big East title.

The Birds' first preseason game can't get here soon enough.

6 comments:

George said...

Boy, I love this time of year. The unemployed masses head to Lehigh to watch 300 pound guys in shorts run drills in 95 degree heat. The media starts proclaiming guys as Hall of Famers based on a meaningless play in training camp, and every guy up there "looks great". 610 starts to become all Eagles as they analyze what kind of season each guy will have based on Bill from Pottstown's assessment of what he saw in camp. And then the fantasy geeks start coming out of the woodwork. And then there will be a preseason game where the starters might play 5 minutes and you can watch all of the guys who will be cut! Can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Remember PSP's comment last week about people not liking football because they likely played non contact pansy ass sports in high school?...I think the shoe fits here.

st. joe's nick said...

George - well put. I couldn't have said it any better myself.

George said...

Hey Mr. Tough Guy anonymous - I am not knocking the game of football, I am knocking all of the ridiculous training camp/preseason BS and hype that comes along every year. If you bend over, I think the shoe will fit somewhere else.

Philly Phan said...

Finally....a little bad blood on this board...I've got plenty of information on George if Mr. Anonymous wants it.

Philly Phan said...

BTW, George and Nick, you guys can't deny that football is far and away the most popular sport in the country. Research has shown that one of the reasons Nascar has exploded is that fans like the one day a week format.

Nick, I know you are a football fan, while George would rather watch midget bowling instead of the Birds on most Sundays.