Sunday, January 13, 2008

I Feel Dirty


Yup...that's right. I feel like I need a shower. I just spent four hours rooting for the Giants to win a playoff game. However, I guess the G Men are the lesser of two evils. There is no way, under any circumstances, I could root for the Cowboys, unless somehow them winning helped the Eagles. Plus, the Giants are from my home state and, as my buddy' George's dad pointed out to me today, they did forth a valiant effort to knock off the Pats in the last game of the regular season when they could have sat their regulars. So, I guess I could talk myself into rooting for them.

I suppose my decision served its purpose and now I'm completely off the bandwagon and throwing my support for the Packers. Come Sunday, I'll be eating Johnsonville Brats, drinking a sixer of Leinenkugle, and rooting for America's favorite QB to reach the Super Bowl and have a shot at knocking off the undefeated Pats in the most anticipated Super Bowl in my life time.

By the way, I will willingly admit that I have flip flopped on Favre. I used to really dislike the guy and all the attention and adulation he receives until I read this article in SI. I now think the guy deserves every second of it. He know what he means to people and what he represents in the community. He deserves another shot at the title.
I'll get more into it as the week progresses, but I initilaly really like the Pack to win next week. The G Men beat a team that had obviously peaked a month or so ago. I really thought today's loss by the Cowboys' loss was inevitable. The only ones that didn't see it coming were the homer Cowboys fans. However, the Pack is a team that really looks good offensively. Favre is throwing it all over the joint and Ryan Grant seems to be Dorsey Levens (circa 1995-97) reincarnated. I think the G Men will have a real hard time stopping them and there is no freakin' way Eli Manning puts together another strong game. It's only a matter of time until he falls apart. Plus, the whole country except for those in the New York metro area, will be rooting against him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good post. The G-Men are the lesser of two evils. How funny was it seeing Jerry Jones on the sidelines with that smirk on his face?!!!

Anyways---Lets go GB!

TF

Anonymous said...

Yeah, its an easy one. Our 2nd most hated team was playing our 1st most hated team, plus you throw in TO and Mrs. Butterface and you have a Superfecta.

You couldn't write this one in Hollywood. The WR defends the QB, the owner is calling the plays from the sidelines. The chick is banned from the stadium. Priceless.

How about this, the WR is entering the last year of his contract and the QB gets 60M and has yet to win a playoff game. Romo could be the highest paid QB to never win a playoff game ? And this all happens to the team we love to hate. 12 years since their last playoff victory, the cockroaches go in hiding until September.

The say its not the Bomb that kills you its the fallout. Let the fallout begin. The Wr's contract. The QB's who can't win in December/January. The Coach who is clueless. The owner who can't stay off the sidelines. Can we pile any more shit to talk about this offseason?