Tuesday, January 15, 2008

It's Gotta Be The Throwbacks


Tonight, the Sixers broke their seven game losing streak against the Houston Rockets (who must either really suck or had a big party to go to after the game), with a 111-107 victory. Of course, it is no small coincidence that this win came with Sixers wearing throw back uni's from the Dr. J era.

I really have nothing else to add. I haven't watched more than 30 seconds total of this team all year. If you're interested in the current state of the Sixers, Phil Jasner is your man. He interviewed Ed Stefanski yesterday to get a state of the reconstruction of the local NBA franchise.

(Yes, it is a completely slow day in the Philly sports scene. I was left to choose from posting about the Sixers, re-hashing a story from Profootballtalk.com about Heckert and Banner no longer getting along, or talking about how outstanding American Idol was tonight. Basically, I cried Uncle and chose to write about the Sixers. Although, something tells me I'll get less of a response to this artice than to my Flyers review.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No u won't Sixer's rule, they've started their playoff push. they're really only a player or two away from being an elite squad.