Thursday, January 31, 2008

Thanks For Showing Up, Guys


Over the course of an 82 game season, you are going to have nights when the local team shows up uninspired and looks lazy and over matched. I suppose it is inevitable and we should forgive this trespass as the Flyers have impressively turned things around this year, but can someone please explain to me why they waited until a game against the hated Rangers to mail one in?

I also think the shine is starting to come off Nitty. After looking like a world beater for most of the month of January, he's starting to come back to earth. I'd like to see the Flyers start giving more games to Biron.

Additionally, was it me or did it seem like that only the Carter and Dowd lines played tonight? Did the Richards and Briere line even dress. Every time I looked up, either Mike Knuble or Sami Kapanen was on the ice.

Let's hope the Flyers turn things around because they have the defending Stanley Cup champs coming to town Saturday night. Should be an interesting game.

5 comments:

Jon1BSP said...

At least the other top teams are losing right now too.

Anonymous said...

Did you hear the latest on the rumor mill? Carter and a draft pick for Matts Sundin. I will boycott watching the games if that happens!

Jon1BSP said...

I heard that, and can't understand why that would make sense. Let's hope it stays a rumor.

George said...

I read that this rumor was made up by some joker in Canada and I think the Inquirer guy squashed it by proclaiming it impossible because of the huge differences in the values of their contracts. There is no way to fit Sundin in under the cap. Although, they keep saying that if Forsberg wants to come back they will do whatever it takes to manipulate the cap and get him back here.

Philly Phan said...

George is correct. Not only did a Inky writer dispute the rumor, but Holmgren did as well. There is no f'n way they are trading Carter for Sundin.