Thursday, September 27, 2007

All Star Weekend


With the Phils fighting for the NL East in the last series of the year and the Birds about to take on the G Men in a de facto elimination match, it is a big sports weekend for all of us Philly Sports Phan.

However, it is just a little bit more exciting for yours truly. Here is my schedule:

Friday: Hall of Fame Club seats for the Phils as they commence their historic battle with the Nats.

Saturday: A trip up the NJ Turnpike to watch my beloved #10 ranked Scarlet Knights of Rutgers University take on the University of Maryland Terrapins in their first quasi test of the season. (Don't forget that this game can be seen on 6ABC at 3:30 pm on Saturday! For all you NJ residents, please support your State University!)

Sunday: After watching the Phils destiny unfold on the tube, I have another trip up the NJ TPK to watch the Birds take on the G Men on enemy soil. (Ok, I'm exaggerating...I'm not that cool. I don't have tickets for that one, but my ample ass will be firmly planted on the couch for that one!)

10 comments:

George said...

PSP, I doubt the Rutgers game will even be on anyone's radar with the Phillies game being moved to Saturday at 3:30 for Fox.

Anonymous said...

So, other than the phils tixs tonite, your weekend is no better or worse than anyone elses. i'm going to the Kingsway Clearvies Hs game. That should be on par w/ that IAA squad in Piscataway

st. joe's nick said...

Don't let downers like Jorge bring you down. Hope you enjoy not only the Rutgers game, but the sweet Phils tickets you have for tonight.

George said...

Hey, I wasn't downing anyone. Anonymous did that.

Philly Phan said...

Jorge, when Eaton gives up 8 runs in 4 innings, you can all flip over to RU mid way thru the 2nd qtr.

Capt...why must you be a retard? IAA? I suppose the #10 ranking means nothing? Why all the hate? I really don't get it. If it was Penn St, you'd be slobbering all over yourself even though you have absolutely no ties to a school 5 hours away. Your friggin' tax dollars are at work here at RU. Your state finally has something to call its own. Although, I suppose you are just busting my balls.

Anonymous said...

My question is what PSP's record is actually attending Phils games this year. If not good I would beg him to reconsider (and give the tix to me I am 6 and 0) Remember, this is the same guy a month ago who posted a picture of a flat lined heart monitor illustrating that the team is dead and was looking forward to be able to "finally" concentrate on RU and Iggles. BTW, good luck to your RU sqad on Saturday w/ MD, I hope they are not looking ahead to the matchup with Cincy in prime time the following Sat.

George said...

Good luck to your team, but I couldn't support a North Jersey institution even if I liked college football. I know that your argument is that it is "central" Jersey, but to me there is only North and South and I associate Rutgers with North Jersey. North Jersey to me means Mets, Yankees, Giants, and Rangers fans.

The other thing I was wondering was: In the back of your mind, don't all of the Rutgers bandwagon jumpers annoy you to some degree? You were there through the lean years supporting the team. Where were they?

Anonymous said...

yeah, i'm just busting your balls, but as a man who travels the entire state. many of those North Jersey types, consider RU to be South Jersey.

Philly Phan said...

Thanks, Capt. I was just about to post that about North Jersey people thinking New Brunswick is South Jersey. It is all about perspective, I guess.

Although, it seems strange to me that South Jersey people will get behind Penn St which is 4-5 hours away compared to RU which is in their state and is on average an hour away. We're a real fucked up state.

Philly Phan said...

Jorge, the RU bandwagon jumpers annoys me to no end. However, it's the nature of the beast. Look at the Phils. They can at times be the most hated franchise to now selling out the stadium because they are in a playoff chase.