Monday, September 24, 2007

Me and Tom Brady: So Many Similarities


Not only do we share devastatingly handsome good looks, the ability to pull hot broads and tremendous athletic ability, but Tom Brady and I are both football experts.

Back on 9/13 in the midst of Spygate, I said the following with respect to the Patriots victory over the Birds in Super Bowl 39:

There is no way the Pats didn't deserve to win that game. In addition to D Mac's lack of urgency to hurry up the offense when two scores were needed to tie the game, we could not stop the Pats when they were on offense. To me, it looked like good coaching. Plus, anyone who has watched his or her share of football will tell you that the way to combat an aggressive, blitzing defenses is with screens and draws. I'm guessing that had to be in the Pats' game plan and Bellichick and Crew waited to the second half to unleash it on the Birds.
I wonder if someone sent a link to this post to my buddy Tom because he recently gave Peter King the following quote:

"The thing that makes me laugh is what so many players and coaches have said about us having their plays. Like the Eagles saying we knew everything that was coming in the Super Bowl because we ran so many screens. Give me a break. Of course we ran all those screens! They blitz on every down!''
While it's not like I needed any more confirmation that I really know football, but comments like these which agree with my point of view really warm the heart.

Anyhow, since Tom and I have so much in common, I might contact my new friend to see if he and Gisele would like to go out to dinner with the Philly Sports Wife and I.

No comments: