Sunday, September 16, 2007

Your Guess Is As Good As Mine


I've finally made a decision about the Phillies. I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the rest of the season. No more pronouncements. Where ever this road takes us, is fine with me.

Watching this team dismantle the Mets has been absolutely fantastic in that it has come as a total surprise. Could anyone expect a team with such obvious holes as those the Phils have to sweep the last two series with their bitter rivals? I know I didn't. One of the highlights of my weekend was when I was able to share the score of the Saturday Phils/Mets final at the Rutgers game while surrounded by a bunch of Mets fans. Those fans are simply dumbfounded as to why they cannot dominate our pitching the way everyone else does. I have to admit, it was a pretty enjoyable moment.

I love the picture above. Look at how happy Pat Burrell is in the background. For so long, I thought the guy could care less. Now look at the guy. He looks like a new man. I guess this is what a pennant race does to people.

We all know that the pitching staff on this team completely sucks, but we might as well just stay on the ride until its completion. There's only two weeks left. This topsy turvy season deserves our attention until the end.

By the way, can anyone remember any Philly Sports season as up and down as this one? If you think of it, last year's Eagles' season and this Phils season has had more peaks and valleys than the stock market.

No comments: