Thursday, September 27, 2007

Phils Live To Play Another Day


The Phils took care of business tonight. Finally. Perhaps the Phils have gotten over their hang ups and convinced themselves that they can win a big late September game in this ball park. I sure hope so because I was starting to think the curse of the Vet had drifted across the parking lot to CBP.

While I was really happy to see the Phils win tonight and the Mets lose, I think I speak for everyone when I say that the best news of the night was that Cholly has decided to skip Adam Eaton's start tomorrow and go with Kyle Kendrick.

Since I'm not sure the Pods or Rockies are going to help us out and drop a few a games, the Phils better do their best to catch the suddenly choking Mets. Although, I still don't see how the Rocks have karma on their side over the Phils after that whole rain delay/blown away tarp situation back in Denver from earlier in the year. That mess alone should allow the baseball gods to damn the Rockies to postseason purgatory.

Anyhow, it was sure nice to see the Phils win and have our postseason hopes live on for another night.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Being at the game last night, one of the biggest cheers was when they updated the Washington-New York score. The person sitting next to me didn't have a clue as to why more than half the stadium was cheering since all that was going on was the pitcher was nodding off signals. But it was a very nice win and it was great to see the electricity of the fans at the ballpark again.

Less Eaton is always a good thing so hopefully the change will get the Phils that one win closer.

*waving the Fighting Phils towel given out last night* Let's go Phillies!!

Anonymous said...

4-0 lead on Smoltz. why is burrell in the lineup tonite?

Hopefully Lt. Kendrick can give us 7 and the Cards can beat the Mets.

Interestingly, the Mets host the Cubs this weekend, and it would seem one of them (or both) will not make the playoffs. Monumental collapses by either.

Anonymous said...

They call me the mush for a reason. Pat Burrell 2 run bomb.

you want someone else to do something just ask me to mention them.

I sat McNabb last week in 2 fantasy leagues, and look what he did.

Anonymous said...

yeah, mets play the fish, not the cubs.