Monday, March 12, 2007

Calling All Cars! There Is An Emergency At The Nova Care Complex!!!


Seriously, what in the world is going on at the Nova Care Complex? It sure looks like things are a complete mess for the Birds. First, they totally botch the Garcia situation, then they play this ridiculous game with their only deep threat which culminated with him leaving to play for the "real" Gold Standard, and last, but not least, they did not officially sign restricted free agent Ryan Fowler to an offer sheet. With Andy Reid away, who the hell is running things? Have Bob Clarke or Billy King wandered across the street? Has Joe Banner been channeling Ken Lay from the grave on how to best run the organization?

Coach Reid...please forget about your delinquent, drugged out kids and get your ass back to the Nova Care Complex. We need order restored. I know the Birds aren't the best of drafters, but I can only imagine the dregs of college football that they'd pick without Big Red on the scene. I never want anyone to say a bad thing about the guy. He's been away only a month and the entire organization is in shambles.

In all seriousness, I'm not too broken up about losing Fowler. I wasn't all that thrilled about creating the Caucasian invasion at linebacker. I also don't expect the Birds to sign Kevin Curtis either. At this point, they should just find about two or three low paid free agents who will add depth to this team. Of course, this fits into the Birds' normal mindset, but at this point, there isn't anyone left to sign. I'd also like to see a trade, but I doubt the Birds have the stomach for it.

In any event, this offseason sucks so far. Thank God I have that 7 game win streak by the Sixers to take my mind off it. (I hope you see the sarcasm there, folks.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think we'll sign a RB, if thats any consolation.

Philly Phan said...

Yeah...an old beaten down one...I'd rather use the 2nd round pick on Brian Leonard or Tony Hunt

George said...

The organization is bombarding us with their famous "spin" right now. It is frustrating.

Jon1BSP said...

Just keep chanting, "Brian Leonard...Brian Leonard...Brian Leonard..."