Thursday, March 01, 2007

Lady Excitement Wears Orange & Black


Most of the season has been a total waste, but the Flyers are finally showing some life. I, for one, am ecstatic. Tonight's 4-3 overtime win, capped by Scottie Upshall's breakaway goal was one of the more entertaining games I've seen since the lockout ended.

Much like the Phils this past season, now that the veteran locker room cancers are gone, the kids are starting to play much better and putting their stamp on this team. Kids like Upshall, Jeff Carter and Braydon Coburn are going to be studs in this city for a long time to come. Even Joni Pitkanen seemed to come out of his season long funk a bit tonight.

The two games this week have been phenomenal to watch. I've been hearing that the "new NHL" is a better product, but never really believed it. Now that we have some defensemen that can skate, I see what all the fuss was about.

By the way, the Flyers should make a long term contract offer to Martin Biron's agent NOW. He was a 1000% upgrade in net from we've seen most of the season.

This is the wonderful thing about hockey....one stinking overtime goal and I'm all jazzed up.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hear that sound Nobody cares about HOCKEY

Philly Phan said...

I know...It's the dead time of the year in sports...what would you like me to write about? How the Sixers are fucking the entire city by winning? yeah, I've only written that about 500 times and nobody cares about that either.....You want me to write about the Phils playing three regulars yesterday?...DIdn't think so...I can only complain about the Eagles lack of activity so much...they are F'N BORING

To borrow a line from Eskin..."hey genius" tell me what you want to see and I'll write about it

Anonymous said...

how bout a community round up. Movie nite for men, the Phila Mayoral race etc. anything but hockey.

George said...

The Flyers are now the third youngest team in the league. That is pretty hard to believe after being one of the oldest for years.