Tuesday, March 06, 2007

My Latest Man Crush


My man crush for former Rutgers running back, Brian Leonard has been well documented on this site. I could link to several posts as evidence, but I don't want to embarrass myself.

However, there may be a new apple of my eye. His name is Scottie Upshall of the Flyers and right now I am smitten.

I love the way this kid plays. He is fast, gritty, skillful, enthusiastic, and has a nack for coming up big in clutch spots. Basically, he is a star in the making and quite possibly, the next "true Philly" athlete. He has a lot of Nails and Clarkie in him. Since coming over from Nashville in the Forsberg deal, Upshall has quickly taken advantage of this chance to establish himself as an NHL player with the Flyers. I can't wait to see this kid continue to grow as a player in the Orange & Black.

Ok, I'm finished gushing. I can move on with my life.

3 comments:

Jon1BSP said...

They even go to him for the first comments after a game in articles now.

George said...

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. How can you mention that drunken gambling scumbag juicer Lenny Dykstra in a positive way?

Philly Phan said...

Wait...you didn't like the Dude? Who doesn't like the Dude?