Tuesday, March 06, 2007

The Dirtiest Players In The Game - Part II


I just came across the following post on Profootballtalk.com regarding the report that Donte Stallworth is in the NFL's substance abuse program:

Meanwhile, there is speculation in league circles that the Eagles have been responsible for putting out the word that Stallworth is in the drug-testing program, in an effort to scare off other potential suitors.
I'm now convinced. Joe Banner is the Devil. That's right, Beezlebub himself. I don't think any one other than Banner can be so devious to leak damaging information about a player in an effort to keep his salary down, especially with Coach Reid on a leave of absence taking care of his sons' drug problems. I don't know about you guys, but the next time I see Banner on T.V., I'm really going to look closely for pointy horns on his head.
(By the way, it looks like the reports from earlier today that Donte signed with the Pats were incorrect. Does it really matter though? I cannot foresee any way the guy comes back after the Eagles pulled this B.S.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its called laying a landmine. you sprinkle out vague information to deter your competition....

Philly Phan said...

I think the Birds stepped on their own landmine

St. Joe's Nick said...

I think you're right, Phan. Would you want to re-sign with a team that just threw you under the bus?

Donte is probably a gonner. It was a nice time while it lasted.

This organization never ceases to amaze me with its lack of tact when handling personnel issues.

George said...

The guy was on drugs and hurt half the time anyway.