Thursday, March 29, 2007

Hallelujah!


While most people were focused on the introduction of Takeo Spikes and Kelly Holcomb to the Philly media, the best Eagles news of the offseason was revealed today:

* Offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg, who handled the play-calling after Jeff Garcia replaced injured Donovan McNabb at quarterback last season, will continue to do the play-calling in '07.

"I'll probably let Marty call 'em this year," Reid said. "I thought he did a nice job. I have a lot of trust in Marty. You have to remember, Marty and I go way back. I started doing that [giving up play-calling] with Brad [Childress]. And then at end of year, I started doing it with Marty. I stepped back and kind of watched when he was calling [the plays]. I felt real good about it. It freed me up to see a little bit more of what was going on."

* The Eagles will continue to run the ball as much in '07 with McNabb as they did late last year after Jeff Garcia took over. "It will probably be very similar, yeah," Reid said. "It'll probably be very similar to how we finished the season."

Hallelujah! No more 65-35 run/pass ratio. I suppose Andy saw the light during his brief sabbatical away from the team. In any event, I'm ecstatic about this news. Westbrook better get ready. Sounds like he's going to be ridden hard this year and our offense will be so much better for it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why are you up at 2:16am working on your blog? Now I know why your spelling and grammar stinks. I guess your practicing for when the baby keeps you up at night.

Anonymous said...

I am glad I am not the only one that noticed that 3 of your blogs were written in the middle of the night when you were supposed to be finishing your midterm.

Jon1BSP said...

Hey hey hey! It's called "stress relief." A guy can't be working all the time. Sometimes he's just got to speak his mind about things he enjoys...like that Phanatic post.

Seriously...what the hell was that about??