Tuesday, March 13, 2007

I Don't Get The Commotion


Let me say this before I get raked over the coals: I'd love to see every local team make the Big Dance.

However, in the case of the Drexel Dragons, I don't understand why everyone is so up in arms. I'm sorry, but Drexel didn't deserve to be there. I don't care that they beat Nova, the 'Cuse and Creighton on the road. They finished 4th...YES, FOURTH... in a mid major conference, and had a 1-5 record against the top three teams. Sorry Bruiser Flint and the Boys, that ain't good enough.
Good luck in the NIT. (By the way, as a RU alum, I've become quite the expert in the NIT. If any Drexel alums want some info on that tourney, I'm your hookup.)

2 comments:

George said...

Their RPI was high enough to be deserving over a couple of the teams that did make it in. Road wins against tough teams are supposed to be what gets you in the tournament.

Philly Phan said...

I don't care about the RPI...you have to be better than Fourth in a non power conference