Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Lieber To The 'Pen Experiment Lasts Less Than Twelve Hours


Earlier today, Uncle Cholly announced that Jon Lieber was moving to the 'pen as the Phils decided to go with a starting rotation of Freddy Garcia, Hamels, the Wife Beater, Jamie Moyer, and Adam Eaton. Lieber then bitched and moaned with the decision stating:

"I'm disappointed," Lieber said Wednesday. "I'd be lying if I said I wasn't. I think I can still start."

"They're going to do what's best for the club," Lieber said. "My hands are tied. I'm disappointed, but I'm going to give it my best."
Well, less than twelve hours later, Freddy Garcia left tonight's exhibition game due to stiffness in his right bicep. Guess who will be coming back to the starting rotation, you guessed it....Jon Lieber.

Hey Lieber, hope you enjoyed your brief stint in the 'pen as much as we did. Now stop bitching and get ready to pitch.

2 comments:

St. Joe's Nick said...

You knew this was going to happen.

How long is it until Pat Gillick comes out with the "I told you so" when referring to having 6 starting pitchers?

George said...

If nobody will give anything of value for Lieber, I prefer that they keep 6 starters because somebody will always be hurt. Even though he is a fat slob, he pitched well over the final two months of the season when it mattered.