Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Be On The Lookout...Birds Schedule to Be Released Wednesday!


According to Profootballtalk.com, the full NFL schedule will be released Wednesday.

I don't know about you guys, but this is always one of my favorite sports moments of the year. About 14 minutes after it is released, my buddy the Captain will go through the schedule game by game and undoubtedly have the Birds finishing 12-4. This announcement will lead to our other buddy, notorious Eagles hater, Mister Nascar, replying that the Captain is obviously high and the Birds are ending up at 8-8. Of course, the more reasonable fans like me and my buddy Johnny Gold will be much more cautiously optimistic and have the Birds at 10-6 and struggling to win a Wild Card Birth.

In any event, I look forward to seeing this year's schedule and seeing where everyone has the Birds ending up next season. Also, I gotta hear where the Irish Jets Nation has the NFL's other team in green finishing.

5 comments:

st. joe's nick said...

I guess we're done hearing about the Phillies (and baseball in general) on WIP & WPEN.

All of the green kool-aid drinking idiots will be calling in with their 16-0 predictions.

How many days until training camp?

Anonymous said...

11 or 12 wins NFC East title. maybe a bye and a NFC Championship game.

Who's out there. New Orleans looks good. Bears won't make the playoffs. I'm not buying the Bucs or Panthers. The West isn't ready. The Pack are doomed by Favre hanging on and on and on.

NFC Least. Boys have a new coach and rookie QB, G-Men have a 265lb RB. Washington is Washington

Anonymous said...

Football? It is April 11th.

George

st. joe's nick said...

Amen, George.

Look out for yet another breakout of "football 24/7" at the end of the month when all of the draft geeks jump into action.

Anonymous said...

Seriously! I am with George on this one. It is the middle of April. Philly Sports Phan and our neighbor are already scheduling a draft party.

I am just glad our wedding anniversary is not going to get in the way of day 1 of the draft like it did last year.