Thursday, April 19, 2007

A Sighting!!!


Frankly, I can’t believe who I just saw getting off the Speedline with me this morning at the 8th and Market stop….none other than former Phils’ GM, Ed Wade. Fast Eddie is known for such dubious achievements as:

(1) Hiring Uncle Cholly;
(2) Gave a gazillion dollars, and a no trade clause to Pat Burrell; and
(3) At the time of his firing, being the longest running GM that had never overseen a team that reached the postseason.

I was half tempted to follow him like a stalker to see where he is now working or just walk up to him and ask:

“At what point during the interview process was Elmer Befuddled able to string together enough cogent, strategic thoughts to wow you guys into thinking it would be a good idea to make him the team’s manager?”
In any event, I did neither. I just stared at him like one of my wife’s mental patients. I was shocked to see how far the mighty had fallen.

1 comment:

George said...

You chicken. You should have talked with him.