Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Break Up The Phils!


Wow...who woulda thunk it? After a 4-11 start, the Phils have won 4 straight, and they are 5 out of 7 since the Eskin/Uncle Cholly affair. It's funny how well the team can play when they start to score some runs and get decent pitching outings. It sure looks like the Phils are taking kindly to the warmer weather.

To our despair, it looks like this team is getting back to becoming "Team Cybil". After totally alienating the entire phan base over the first fifteen games, the Phils are trying to suck us back in faster than Michael Corleone in Godfather III. However, my heart is not won back that quickly. I'm going to have to be wined and dined over a few more wins before I give them my heart again.

Will the winning last? Probably. I'm guessing this team will go on a run that will get them to at least 5 games over .500 and then promptly go 3-7 over their next ten games. That is the M.O. of the Citizen Bank Park Phils.

By the way, someone might want to let the Big Man know that it is ok to get a hit some time this month. Seriously, my man, it's time to stop effing around and start swinging the bat with some urgency. I can't take much more of these belabored at bats.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i guess were at the 20 game point, or 1/8 of our way thru the season.

Hey we're only 5 back w/ 2 blown saves, a couple other bullpen blow ups. 3-4 hitters are non-existent.

I don't think were dead yet. Let's see what the next 20 games bring. I feel they'll get over .500 in the next 1/8 of the schedule.

Where's Ryan Howard?

st. joe's nick said...

Agree with the sentiments, Phan. This bi-polar team will let us down again before we know it.

George said...

The Ryan Howard situation is disturbing.