Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Totally Embarrassing


After today, there's nothing more left to say about this team. The bullpen melted down for the third time in seven games, giving up an 7 run 8th inning to sink the Phils yet again in a 11-5 loss to the Mets. I would comment further on the bullpen, but I'm pretty much speechless at their total lack of professionalism. In case you missed it (although the fans at Shea sure didn't), J Roll also failed to back up his pre season smack talk by booting a potential double play ball that keyed the Mets' rally. Let's hope he learned to keep his mouth shut going forward.

I'm running out of hyperbole to denounce this team. I feel like a woman who keeps coming back to her drug addicted ex husband, yet he remains unfaithful and continues to beat her. Why do we keep coming back? Why do we care? Seriously. Why? Why are we subjected to this crap every year? Surely, we can find something better to do with our time.

As usual, I put the blame at the feet of the ownership group. If this was a business, would the stockholders keep the same Board of Directors in place? Clearly, the answer is no. At this point, I just want the Phils to move to another city, along with the clueless owners, ridiculous wannabe red pin stripes and goofy team nickname. I then want an expansion team in its place under the guidance of uber owner, Mark Cuban and an even goofier team name, like the "Revolution" or "Liberty".

Of course this will never happen, but it's late and I'm about to head off to bed and I want something good to dream about.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd heard the play-by-play wrap up on WFAN on the way hom yesterday and I almost had the urge to grab my radio and rip it out of the friggin dashboard. Let talk about who's going to replace Charlie, shall we?

*Funny thing was that while I was catching bits of the NY-Minn game last night, I was remembering how good it was to have Bowa manage Philly. At least he'd tell you if you sucked.

TF

Jon1BSP said...

I was watching this earlier on a replay, and didn't know it for about three innings. Only then did I see the big "ENCORE" in the corner of the screen.

I'm sitting there thinking, "Oh my god it's happening again! They suck!"

Maybe it's me that sucks.