Thursday, April 12, 2007

J Roll Shows Up, Rest of The Team Doesn't


Phils lost again tonight, 5-3, to the Mutts. The Phils have now lost all three series they have played this year. Definitely an alarming trend. On the bright side, Jimmy Rollins - or Jay Row, as my brother in law calls him for some reason - hit two home runs. Unfortunately, he was only Phils hitter to show up and put forth a professional effort.

Although, I did read on yahoosports.com that tonight's hame involved the oldest matchup of left-handed starters (Jamie Moyer and Tom Glavine) in major league history. Sorry, but that is pretty freaking interesting.

Anyhow, I'm already tired of talking about this team's losses. For everyone that bitched about the football article, I suppose we can continue to talk about:

(a) How much the Phils suck the life out of the Delaware Valley on a daily basis;
(b) How the Sixers continue to win meaningless games and sabotage their chances of ever improving themselves into a contender;
(c) Jon Bon Jovi giving the refs double middle fingers....sorry I never commented on this one...I love how fast Bon Jovi became a true Philadelphian; or
(d) How the Flyers hope to turn around their franchise with a truck load of cap space.

All I know is that the Birds give me hope and I enjoy talking about them. So please excuse me if I talk about something pleasurable.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I need to see a picture of the Bon Jovi incident. PLEASE POST IMMEDIATELY!!!!